Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

"I'll Never Marry Again!" (Did I say NEVER?)


So it was just over a year that I became a widow. I was doing ok. I had my good days and my not so good days. But over all, life was tolerable. I was getting use to being a single mom and accepting the fact that this was my new and permanent life.

"Are you dating anyone?" A family member innocently asked me. I CAN'T BELIEVE HE ASKED ME THAT! "No, and I don't plan to," I said. "Nobody will ever take Nelson's place, and I'll never marry again." He looked at me doubtfully.

I didn't understand why people would ask me that question. Couldn't they understand if you love someone with all your heart you won't desire anyone else. I already felt the Lord would always take care of my family. I clung to the Scripture verse that stated it was better to stay unmarried:

1 Corinthians 7: 8-9 "Now to the unmarried and the widows I say; It is good for them to stay unmarried, as I am, But if they cannot control themselves, they should marry, for it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

If I could continue to have self-control, this is what the Lord would prefer. I had to understand that everyone had their own opinion. It didn't make sense to argue. I knew in my heart that I would remain single to probably the day I died.

Well, I did remain single for many years until seven years into my widowhood I met someone that I couldn't live without. As much as I had enjoyed my single life and independence, there still wasn't anything that beats having someone to love and to be loved in return.

I've been remarried now for three wonderful years. One lesson I've learned is to treasure every relationship every day because we are not guaranteed tomorrow. Nothing is permanent, it's just temporarily beautiful!



1 comment:

Rosemarydiary said...

I've been in a relationship for a year now and we do have a baby. Social media has been a problem since we were together. He calls other women his wifey, he has had a conversation with a female about wearing lingerie, and more.Initially he categorically said there was no strange attachment, but after using the spyware sent to me by a cyber hacker to gain remote access to his phone activities, I saw all his chats and nude photo exchange with several girls.he even wrote to his ex he miss her. I deserve so much more than I’m getting treated. I lost interest and ended it with him.You can reach out to this cyber hacker on {hackingloop6 @ gmail . com} or on WhatsApp + 1 484  540 - 0785..If you think ur partner might be cheating on you,his service is legit and affordable,tell him i referred you.